The Rootcup Planter is a versatile plant pot designed to make watering your plants easy and keeping your plants healthy.
- Great for growing seedlings or plants. Grow your favorite herbs, houseplants, succulents, cacti, orchids, lucky bamboo, and much more.
- Made for all levels, from first timers to pros. To use it, simply place your plant in the planter insert and fill in with the right potting medium for your plant, such as soil, potting mix, bark, rocks or pebbles.
- The planter insert provides even drainage and maintains air circulation which results in healthier plants. The drainage holes allow water to flow in and out of the planter cup.
- From potting soil to clay pebbles, the planter insert can be used with a wide variety of growing mediums.
- The planter cup acts as a water reservoir for the plant's roots to draw water from and captures excess water that drains from the planter insert.
- The planter cup prevents overflow or leaking. Unlike porous ceramic or unglazed clay pots, it won’t crack, leak or sweat.
- To use for top watering, simply pour water on the surface of the potting medium until it is fully saturated and drains through the planter insert into the planter cup. Once all the excess water has drained, empty the planter cup so that the plant doesn’t sit in standing water. This watering method is great for plants that can’t tolerate sitting in waterlogged soil for long, such as succulents and cacti, and an effective way to prevent root rot and other fungal diseases.
- To use for bottom watering or sub-irrigation, simply lift the planter insert and add water to the planter cup. Replace the insert into the cup and allow the soil to wick up the water it needs. This “self-watering” method is great for plants that thrive in moist soil, such as African violets, and an effective way to avoid water damage to the leaves and crown.
- It’s BPA- and phthalate-free, making it safe for growing herbs and other edible plants.
- It’s ideal for potting water-rooted plant cuttings once they are ready to be transferred from your Rootcup.
- Give soilless gardening a try and use it as a static or non-circulating hydroponic planter. Just place your seedling and the hydroponic medium of your choice (instead of soil) in the planter insert. Then fill the planter cup or reservoir with water and hydroponic nutrient solution.
- A perfect party favor or gift for kids. Easy for little hands to grasp and won't break if dropped. Use it as an educational tool to teach children about gardening and to foster an appreciation for nature.
- Use a dry-erase marker to keep track of dates and other notes from your gardening experiments. Wipes off easily with water.
Specs & Care
Dimensions: 3-1/4" h x 3-5/8" diam. Planter insert: 2-7/8" h x 2-3/4" diam.
Color: grey. The soft, matte finish won’t scratch your furniture, windowsills or countertops.
Material: Made from a super-durable, highly UV-resistant and non-toxic, proprietary elastomer. The raw material is common beach sand.
Care: The heat-resistant and non-porous material makes it easy to clean and sterilize in a dishwasher or boiling water for reuse.
- Designed by Michael Good.
- Plants NOT included.
No more underwatering or overwatering!