The Rootcup is designed to create the perfect environment for rooting plant cuttings in water that thrive when planted in soil.
- Great for propagating and rooting houseplants, succulents, herbs, seeds, bulbs, and much more. Grow more of your favorite plants and share them with friends and family.
- Made for all levels, from first timers to pros. To use it, simply place a cutting in the lid, add water to the cup, place in a well-lit place, and wait for roots to start growing. Once the cutting has enough roots, it’s ready to be moved from water to soil. May we suggest trying our Planter?
- The cup’s slotted and flexible lid easily opens to add and remove cuttings without damaging the roots.
- The cup’s funnel-shaped lid holds the cutting’s leaves above water to prevent rotting. A waste-free way to propagate without the need for aluminum foil, plastic wrap, rubber bands, toothpicks and other supplies.
- The cup’s lid captures evaporating water so cuttings need less attention. Just add fresh water as needed.
- The cup protects the cutting’s roots from light, which helps them grow, and reduces the formation of algae.
- It’s BPA- and phthalate-free, making it safe for growing herbs and other edible plants. Reduce packaging, cut food waste and save money by regrowing fruits, vegetables, and herbs from kitchen scraps that are often thrown in the trash or compost bin.
- A perfect party favor or gift for kids. Easy for little hands to grasp and won't break if dropped. Use it as an educational tool to teach children about gardening and to foster an appreciation for nature.
- Use a dry-erase marker to keep track of dates and other notes from your propagation experiments. Wipes off easily with water.
Specs & Care
Dimensions: 3-1/4" h x 3-5/8" diam.
- This size, affectionately known as BIGrootcup, is ideal for bulbs, avocado seeds or plant cuttings up to 4" long. For small cuttings (up to 2" long), try our small Rootcup.
Color: grey. Also available in green or clay. The soft, matte finish won’t scratch your furniture, windowsills or countertops.
Material: Made from a super-durable, highly UV-resistant and non-toxic, proprietary elastomer. The raw material is common beach sand.
Care: The heat-resistant and non-porous material makes it easy to clean and sterilize in a dishwasher or boiling water for reuse.
- Designed by Michael Good.
- Successfully funded with Kickstarter.
- Plants NOT included.